The Catholic parish cemetery is located on the street above the church of St. Peter in Gallicantu on the southern hillside of Mt. Zion. In accordance with the hillside it is designed in three floors, which are connected to each other by a staircase.
The north-eastern part of the cemetery is old and destroyed since the bombing by the Jordanian military in 1948. Between 1948 and 1967 it served as a observation post of the army. In 1967 the cemetery was once more used for funerals.
There are mainly Catholics buried at the parish cemetery. In cases of interreligious or interdenominational marriages spouses of different faiths were also interred. The predominant part of the graves though are those of local catholic Christians – mainly arabic speaking.